Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
212 Accommodations in Rio de Janeiro
With a stay at Hilton Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, you'll be convenient to Rio Sul Shopping Mall and Sugar Loaf Mountain. This 5-star hotel...
Accommodations in Rio de JaneiroCommonly known as Rio, the citys full name is actually San Sebastian de Rio de Janeiro. A metropolis renowned the world over for its vibrancy and its inhabitantsknown as cariocasit is considered by many to be the prettiest city in Brazil. La ciudad maravillosa, (the wonderful city), as it is also known, was the capital until this title transferred to Brasilia. At the present time, Rio de Janeiro is known world-wide for its carnivals, beaches, wonderful natural surroundings and for the natural sculpture of Corcovado Hill.
The creation of Rio de Janeiro goes back to the beginning of the 19th century, when many expeditions were made to the Americas. Due to its port, Rio soon became a strategically important point for the traffic of people and materials, which entailed the construction of a great fortress and the development that followed.
Located in Guanabara Bay, Rio boasts a tropical climate that makes it suitable for a visit at any time of year. This generous climate has forged the citys global reputation among beach-lovers, particularly Copacabama and Ipanema. Another symbol that characterizes the city and demonstrates the local character is the location of the majestic Christ the Redeemer at the top of Pao de Azucar (or Sugar Loaf). The postcards one can send from Rio are innumerable, any one of which depicts the greatest aesthetic value. A city of enchantment and diversion, of multitude activities: Rio de Janeiro is a unique place in which to amuse and lose oneself, a place where anything is possible.
- Tourism in Rio de Janeiro What to see and what to do
- Points of interest in Rio de Janeiro Tourist areas
You may be interested in
Hotels by theme
- Hotels with spa in Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels with hot tubs in Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels with pool in Rio de Janeiro
- Luxury hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels in the centre of Rio de Janeiro
- All-inclusive hotels - Rio de Janeiro
In Rio de Janeiro we will have light rain, light clothing is recommended as the temperatures will be warm throughout the day.
- 24°C | 22°C
- 27°C | 22°C
- 24°C | 23°C
Hotels by category
- 1 star hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- 2 star hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- 3 star hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- 4 star hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- 5 star hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Points of Interest in Rio de Janeiro
- Port - Rio de Janeiro
- Train station - Rio de Janeiro-Central do Brasil
- Airport - Rio de Janeiro-Santos Dumont
- Airport - Rio de Janeiro–Galeão
- Rio de Janeiro (city center)